Just a petite guide to some great eats you might like to try or foodie places to visit when in Nice & Menton:
- Socca, a Provencal crepe made of chickpea flour & vegetable beignets (fritters) at Lou Pilha Leva
- Gelato from Fennochio in Place Rossetti (they also have another store in an alleyway near the Cours Saleya market, where you can try Poppy, Tomato & Basil or Olive flavoured ice cream (or perhaps something a little more approachable such as Salted Caramel or Almond!)
- Pissaladiere (A sort of pizza/tart topped with caramelised onion and anchovies) from any good Boulangerie
- Sweets, Candied Fruit and Chocolates at Maison Henri Auer
- Olive oil and other gourmet delights at Boutique Nicolas Alziari
- Tarte au Citron Meringuée (Lemon Meringue Pie), particularly in Menton (I got mine at Boulangerie Eric Kayser in Menton)
What are some of your favourite French eats?